Wednesday 14 September 2016

So I have been playing ... (94). Getting serious with Jupiter


After some time away from Call of Pripyat, I felt like getting serious with Jupiter area. But first there was some detouring to do. My brain was still tender from finishing Turgor, and I was seeking a buffered transition from that delicate world into the realities with mutants and shooty-shooty.

So I took an hour-or-so to discover the little indie called Light.





Then I stumbled around in CoP environment for a while, babbling about "serene Slavic melancholy," and spending long idle minutes attempting to eavesdrop on the zombified. Because the whole recording was rather aimless, and the lighting wasn't viewer-friendly, I'm keeping this episode hidden.




After some acclimatizing, I loaded up a Jupiter save again, this time with a clear plan.




Implementing said plan took way too much time; here is another hidden episode capturing a series of failures to hop into Twilight Zone.




After another good rest, I made the breakthrough almost immediately. (My previous jumps had failed because I'd stood in a wrong spot.) So I spent some quality time meandering about the Jupiter Twilight Zone, taking all the mandatory tourist-spot screenshots.




At this point in the game, I still don't have a Veles detector (more on that next time).


Here are two short extra bits from between sessions. 







No comments:

Post a Comment