Thursday 31 January 2019

So I have been playing ... (138). Exploring Cradle.


I shall exploit the header space to boost the signal of our GM's Gofundme campaign: https://www.gofundme.com/blueberrycreekrecovery

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Somewhere between all the beta moments and beginning the 1.4007 longplay of LADC (and finishing up some writing projects *and* assuming some nuclear minion responsibilities), I desired to play something different in tone, also different from "Stasis". I'd  had "Cradle" sitting in my library for ages and now the time felt right to take a look.


In the beginning, I naturally try to poke at everything, climb on everything, feel way too scatterbrained to read all the in-game texts (there's plenty), and mostly disregard the in-game objectives.




In the second bit I'll attempt to follow some instructions & directions to open up more of the game world.



In the third bit I simply wander about the map and probe the world's boundaries. (Not a huge undertaking because the external landscape is physically not that huge - a lot of the world's "size"is layered in the texts & objects inside the yurt.)



During the map-roaming I discovered a way into the enclosed area at the big-ass landmark that I'd initially taken for scenery. So I dedicated a separate episode to poking round in there. A lot of the place seemed to be not working.



After a while it dawned on me that I might be stuck inside the facility. The internet tells me there would be tasks and puzzles there so I'm guessing that by hopping the fence early I skipped other objectives that would activate those.



I presume some reloads and backtracking are in order when I continue with Cradle. Meanwhile, the whole playlist is over here.

No comments:

Post a Comment