Sunday 5 September 2021

So I have been playing ... (163). Old Road, unfamiliar paths [LADC]

Last time I concluded my long and futile search for the special bandit jacket (it had been at the Agroprom hideout since (probably) quite early in the game. Evidence suggests that I'd dropped it there and then forgotten.) 

This post is all about the Old Road map. At the age of testing, I never managed to visit it (made from scratch, Old Road one of the last map completed). So entering the area now was super exciting. 

First I need to get out of the forest, though.


Finally, Old Road! (I immediately get shredded by some bandits.)

 

After sneaking about at night, I run into some bloodsuckers. I find questionable safety from a bog-side shack, and after healing up, try to lure the bloodsuckers into an anomaly field. (Ammo is scarce.) 

That's when the zombified show up. 

 

After I deal with the immediate threats, I poke around at the village. I manage to find some player-deathtraps (in other maps I've found and reported plenty & those spots have been fixed). Also, bloodsuckers.


The money shot! Big tree! Holy fuck!

 

Back on the ground I run into a farm complex at the west edge of the map where a controller runs the show. (An army of civilian zombies forms the chorus line.) 

 

Continuing the map round I'm surprised to find a Freedom outpost there (combines the buildings from Cordon Autopark and outpost, also features the potato sorting facility). There don't seem to be any local missions, so I just hand around with the people.


I come to a full circle near the bandit base (same design as the pig farm in Cordon, Clear Sky era). I let them finish the jokes before I barge in. Interestingly, there's a trader in that base (unkillable, will trade).


Among other spots of interest I found a bigger fenced complex guarded by the Monolith, but was way underequipped to attempt an entry. (I'd be returning there much much later in the game.)

Next time I'll be doing stuff at Yantar and take steps to fully embrace the midgame storyline.  Meanwhile, my whole LADC playlist is over here.

No comments:

Post a Comment