Friday 17 June 2022

So I have been playing ... (167). Outskirts adventures [LADC].

This playthrough so obviously belongs in the pre-invasion world but I figured I'd carry on with this recap anyway. Soooo, last time - Dead City, front and centre.

This time I dedicate almost full attention to Pripyat Outskirts. 

I entered via the Swamps and ran into some bandits almost immediately.

 

Even though I was already lugging around way too much shit, I was being tempted by artifacts and stashes. (Encumberance was exceedingly becoming a problem.)

 

No deep dive of a fresh map could be complete without a Twilight Zone tour, so off the rails I go! (I thought I knew the way off the map from the testing days but it seems the devs plugged that one up. I did find another breach in the vicinity, though.)


Pripyat Outskirts is a huge-ass map, and so there's enough of the Twilight Zone for a second episode!


Eventually my patch circled towards the faction bases where I hoped to cash in rewards for some pending missions, acquire new sidequests, and, most importantly, dump some of my excess gear.


New mission took me to the depths of the local X-lab. I remember testing its early versions but apart from the map itself so much had changed, that it was mostly a novel experience. (Except for the Monolith. The "get'em through the TZ" tactic still worked. Mostly.)


Outskirts lab cutscenes for dessert.

 

Next time we jump into the areas of heavy psi-contamination. Meanwhile, my whole LADC playlist is over here.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment