Tuesday 14 August 2012

Information stepping stones (2)



I'm going to make this a semi-recurrent intro to the posts like this:
In so many fields I am not nearly literate enough to dig into their "raw information ore" and make sense of it (or, indeed, first make sense of what needs to be made sense of) all on my own. So I rely heavily on competent folks communicating their craft. 


I rely on IO9 almost daily to deliver the obscure art, the previously-unknown webcomics, the filth and guts of human history, its physical remains and so much more. And when it comes to scienc-y stuff, especially asking important questions, pointing at plot holes, displaying sheer beauty, and indeed, sparking curiosity, I dig right in.

The latest stepping-stone article is this:
http://io9.com/5934549/how-to-distinguish-crap-denialism-from-legitimate-scientific-debate

No comments:

Post a Comment