Thursday 21 November 2013

Granny-sitting Chronicles: Week 4.


In June 2013 I moved to countryside with my elderly aunt to run a "Grannysitting Expedition". During this time I have been taken pictures more or less constantly. I'll be posting these picture chronicles one week at the time. Previous week is in this post


The following moments are from July 13-19.

One day the aunt reported there must be something wrong with her dentures. When my sister returned from the local clinic, she hung her head low and shyly announced that they had confiscated her teeth altogether. I was curious when would they return them then. "Thursday." "But... today is Thursday?" "Next Thursday."

For me, this week was mostly about inventing the menu to adapt with the teething situation. I also realized I must be representing pure evil because every time the aunt got carried away and forgot her toothless-shyness (a passing stork prompting: "Dif you fee? Bif whiffe! Flyinff!"), I couldn't stop chuckling. In the midst of all this we managed to perform a little tidying up here and there, I even made the first feeble attempts to set up "my corner" in a separate room.

Also in the agenda: the avalanche of berries reaching the ripe age and generous neighbours with produce to share.(ED: once the aunt got her dentures back, she happily devoured all the cucumber that had been waiting for that big moment.)














No comments:

Post a Comment