Saturday 8 February 2014

Granny-sitting Chronicles: Week 29 (Town edition)



In June 2013 I moved to countryside with my elderly aunt to run a "Grannysitting Expedition"
During this time I have been taken pictures more or less constantly. I'll be posting these picture chronicles one week at the time. In December 2013 we had to relocate to town for a while - I'll be doing my best to keep up the weekly picture chronicles. Previous week is in this post.


The following moments are from January 6 -12.

That week ended the long-time daily discussion topic on whether there would ever be some snow. The weather was wonderful overall, and I tried to roam outdoors as much as I could. Often enough I managed to drag auntie along as well. Known incentives by this point: cat outside, need for firewood. When we went to check out the first-after-a-long-while snow, she suddenly announced it was imperative she collected some stones. (Wrestling with less-cooperative specimen yielded some swearing which made me very proud.) When I inquired what those were for, she only mumbled something about "pretty" and got confused on the way. (I'm guessing she has a very clear idea of the stones' purpose, she just lacks the vocabulary and mental connections to describe it.)  
By the time of posting, I still have not figured out what she intends to do with them. I've only seen such unquivering determination last spring when she'd grab the butter knife to dig out some daisies to take back home. (Judging by that I'm suspecting something of the garden variety.)














No comments:

Post a Comment