Thursday 4 December 2014

Co-piloting Chaos Nova (1). Magic moments!



Vaguely around Earth Occidental Standard Year 2014, the drift of interwebs lead my paths into collaboration course with Chaos Nova universe. I have since had the pleasure to dive into their space opera RPG writing process, dispensing unsolicited advice about universe, life, and everything in the process. Once settled in the "writers' room" and comms all set up, I'd start occasionally joining in for gameplay livestreaming too, either in co-op, or just shout-along. This here is one of those occasions. 




My prior collectible card experience was pretty much limited to watching Hands of Fate (extended) over and over. Okay, and I had also played through some tutorial assignments in digital Magic, and ran some explanation rounds about overall mechanics with KnuxV1 - the opposing hand in the upcoming match, and poked around in the game a bit more on my own.



The main purpose (and inspiration) for me to try Magic out was to be able to better spin ideas and feedback for the ChaosNova collectible card game in the making - to better understand cardgames at all, basically. The goal of setting up this match was mostly to let me pick up skills "in the field", in a friendly company. The idea behind stream'n'share, was to capture those precious noob moments and witness the miracle of going from clueless to (somewhat) competent occur.

Here is the result from both hands' perspective (mine is first).







No comments:

Post a Comment