Wednesday 5 December 2018

So I have been playing ... (136). Lost Alpha DC: proper long-play begins.

I shall exploit the header space to boost the signal of our GM's Gofundme campaign: https://www.gofundme.com/blueberrycreekrecovery

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Other works permitting, I've been testing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Lost Alpha Developers' Cut (LADC) quite a bit in the last year-or-so. (Well, *technically* I've been testing LADC up to Yantar and Dead City storyline - that's the farthest I've reached before new builds have kicked in and required a new game.)

During that process I kept recording various random moments and here's a quick roundup:
posts leading up to 1.4005 build (one, two, three); posts of 1.4005 builds (one, two, three, four, five); early builds of 1.4007.


When starting with current, near-release build, I figured I'd attempt a proper playthrough. In the beginning I'd repeat my beta-moment routines with essentially speedrunning the first task.I found I'd have to un-learn some of my testing habits - this time (I keep telling myself) I stick to my choices, choices matter, NPC lives matter, and so on. Oh, and to add some visual variation, I added "Autumn vegetation" from the optional mods list, and I mostly try to keep the HUD off. 





Transitioning from the "test fast, reach farther" mode into my usual "passionate meandering" mode took some brain-strain. The un-learning of speedrun thinking - well, it took some time. (Some clueless staring as well.) Even so, I wanted to mostly follow the same path of choices I'd worked put during the test-runs. 




Because I wanted all the 'find secret documents' missions to activate right away, I decided to do Sid's night mission early on (unlike my recent test-runs). I don't know if and how this matters when the endings get sorted, but I figured, it'd be the safest not to postpone this.




After the third episode, there still some Cordon diddle-daddle left. Meanwhile, the whole LADC playlist is over here.


No comments:

Post a Comment