Sunday, 17 June 2012

Within a system, without a system (2nd ed.)

Lifehacker just posted this article where they emphasise the importance of "knowing what you show up for".

Here's what they conclude: 
"If you're working hard and not being recognized it's a good idea to look at what you're working hard on. /.../ If 90% of success in life is showing up, the other 10% depends on what you're showing up for."

I am currently at the point in my work where I called "FOUL!" towards the system and am now working my way out of there - and I'm trying to invent my own universe in the process.

Among other things they say this: 
"The scary part about it is that it's very easy to feel like you're wasting your time. This is because if you're pursuing opportunities where your success is uncapped, you're going to have to start from scratch. There's no system, so you have to build one. Your 1000th blog post may be read by a million people, but your first one will only be read by your mom (if you're lucky)."

It's like they're talking about me! Yay! (Except my mom doesn't read my blog right now. I haven't told anybody about it yet.)

No comments:

Post a Comment