Tuesday 18 September 2012

So I have been playing ... (6). Just another gameplay video.



An important part of my playing/ gaming process is getting to know the world I'm in. Learning of its workings, learning of its boundaries, and more importantly, pushing those boundaries. In the world of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games this often means trying to make it into the "Twilight Zone". (Twilight Zone, TZ for short, is the nickname for the off-map areas that are supposed be inaccessible for the player.)
In my games I have had many successful journeys into various "Twilight Zones". It's the most difficult ones that stay with you.

In Shadow of Chernobyl as well as in its sequel, Clear Sky, the protagonists make it into the fictional version of the "beast's lair" itself - the disaster area of Chernobyl power plant. (In the Stalker universe there are things going on in there that go far beyond the actual real-world disaster and plant the storyline solidly in the ground of Science Fiction.) Gameplay-wise, the areas are rather impressive in size, with many nooks and crannys to explore. In both of those Finale-levels, I've been able to make my way out of the game's intended bounds - first time following some footsteps knowing it could be done, second time finding out that it could be done.

Fast forward to the present day and my recent gameplay recordings. The Shadow of Chernobyl final level Twilight Zone Picnic video is over here. And now I've made a similar recording for Clear sky as well. Enjoy.





No comments:

Post a Comment