Saturday 30 November 2013

Granny-sitting Chronicles: Week 16.


In June 2013 I moved to countryside with my elderly aunt to run a "Grannysitting Expedition". During this time I have been taken pictures more or less constantly. I'll be posting these picture chronicles one week at the time. Previous week is in this post.


The following moments are from October 5 -11. 

The leaves kept falling. (Me: "Thank goodness the oaks chimed in... okay, maybe a few more days of brooming action left; ... think, think!") With the first frost making the mark, I'd expected more to follow - but the air tuned soft and we got morning mists instead. Correction: picturesque morning mists. For a while the "I found a flower that still blooms - let's go see!" worked as a tour-outdoor incentive on its own. (I mean - look at it!) Hunting apples from nearby semi-abandoned trees offered some new thrills too. (Moreso, the aunt would occasionally take it upon herself to go out and check the house neighbour's trees on her own initiative. When he wasn't home that is - you can always tell, the Žiguli is not parked at the windows, you see.)



[The whole "Relatives +" arrangement is becoming very draining and doesn't seem to be going away. Instead it is becoming more meddlesome towards my "program" - especially when my uncle-dearest keeps bringing up all the things that "we" would need to do planning-wise (no, thank you... or is this the Royal "We"?). I try to spend as much time outdoors with the aunt as I possibly can, go on walks by myself, keep the steady pace of "normal" when inside. In fact, there's now quite a bit of indoor stuff we're doing together - reading newspapers and magazines (titles aloud, then discussing what's happening in the pictures), getting the fire started in the stoves, various little chores-turned-attraction on top of that.] 













No comments:

Post a Comment