Sunday 1 December 2013

Granny-sitting Chronicles: Week 17.


In June 2013 I moved to countryside with my elderly aunt to run a "Grannysitting Expedition". During this time I have been taken pictures more or less constantly. I'll be posting these picture chronicles one week at the time. Previous week is in this post.


The following moments are from October 12 - 18.

That week we had some night colds strong enough to actually lid up the rainwater tub. Thin as it was, I managed to get a few bigger pieces out for display - to the aunt's great satisfaction and excitement. To balance things out, at the shed-side she kept expressing great dissatisfaction over how the leaves just keep coming ("cleared it up yesterday and now it's back! We should talk to someone about cutting down those trees. I have the saw..."). I let out a secret sigh, observing that this "problem" would solve itself any day now (compare the same-spot-shots from this and previous weeks).

I'm not entirely sure when it started but she's developed a routine of her own arranging the table, also taking her dishes and "cleaning those out then turn it upside down so that those Little flying damns cannot go walking". Every now and then I sneakily switch her set for the ones scolded in the boiling pits of stovetop "dishwasher".

[Indoors, the struggles continue for regaining and maintaining daily optimum in activities, as well as making balanced meals. By trial and error it has become abundantly clear that my uncle's cooking (which greatly interferes with the time, space, and supplies of several settled working systems) is not in any way a feasible option for the "added warm meal towards the afternoon time". Yet he displays the opinions of his doings as crucial to anything functioning "properly" over here.]









No comments:

Post a Comment