Sunday 1 December 2013

Granny-sitting Chronicles: Week 18.


In June 2013 I moved to countryside with my elderly aunt to run a "Grannysitting Expedition". During this time I have been taken pictures more or less constantly. I'll be posting these picture chronicles one week at the time. Previous week is in this post.


The following moments are from October 19 - 25.

I needn't have worried about how to keep up the outdoor activity level. Once the autumn leaves had all fallen, the aunt swiftly took it upon herself to bring in all the firewood. Mostly we'd go on a shed-raid together but when I happened to not be around for some reason, she had it all figured&settled - upon my return, I'd find a bundle waiting at my stove and her instructing how she'd already taken care of all the wood and not it was time for me to prepare the stove-ful and light it up.

At the same time she remained extremely sceptical about the plans to manoeuvre the outdoor stacks into a more sheltered location, i.e. to the shed. A foolish plan, and a useless one; she'd already carried in all the wood after all; why would we need to work on any more wood if there was already so plenty? So what if the snow comes - snow would not come this time around, after all it's not even here this time of the year yet ... More or less the same way she had initially felt about the original stock'n'stacks, although a lot more articulate this time.

Meanwhile, I kept observing the skies (a storm on the way, they said) and had my morning coffee out in the "porch", enjoying the scarce sunlight.












No comments:

Post a Comment