Wednesday 29 January 2014

Granny-sitting Chronicles: Week 27 (Town edition)



In June 2013 I moved to countryside with my elderly aunt to run a "Grannysitting Expedition"
During this time I have been taken pictures more or less constantly. I'll be posting these picture chronicles one week at the time. In December 2013 we had to relocate to town for a while - I'll be doing my best to keep up the weekly picture chronicles. Previous week is in this post.


The following moments are from December 23 - 29. 

We had somewhat settled in; I had figured out how to optimally operate the kitchen stove, and managed to adjust the menu to fit the local tools. A set of local daily routines had emerged.
My job would be keeping up curiosity and maintaining structure - just like in the "normal old days". Also, to nudge up motivation for activities and outdoor trips. And customize our "sandbox" (setting up the mirror brought on quite an exultation).

Making pancakes proved a great do-along activity; spotting the kitty outside became a sure-fire outdoor motivator; there would be daily ritual discussions (Would those decorations at the neigbours' light up in the evening? When would "they" take us home?). The surroundings prove a bit of an exploration ground (cookies in the next room!) and a space to organize (what doesn't fit in the basket might fit in the suitcase).

I began to look opportunities to restore some of the physical activity levels I had gotten used to in the countryside. First step: to find suitable time slot for the morning coffee walk. (In the middle of all this, a critical sidequest: surviving the holidays.)















No comments:

Post a Comment