Monday 20 January 2014

Granny-sitting Chronicles: Week 26 (Town edition)



In June 2013 I moved to countryside with my elderly aunt to run a "Grannysitting Expedition"
During this time I have been taken pictures more or less constantly. I'll be posting these picture chronicles one week at the time. In December 2013 we had to relocate to town for a while - I'll be doing my best to keep up the weekly picture chronicles. Previous week is in this post.


The following moments are from December 16 - 22. 


The first week in town had been hectic but survivable. My on-duty schedule had gone from "24-hour watch" to "24-hour readiness" to "9-to-5 watch" in just a few days. Now it was all about finding the balance points within the day, establishing little routines, settling the daily paths, "calibrating the normal". Also, time to pick up the central objective of maintaining certain levels of activity, stimulation, motivation. My sister's lunchbreak visits proved very helpful - plenty of vegetables eaten, plenty of outdoor strolls taken. Missing garment mysteries also proved quite an incentive to go explore, and observe the unknown. (In the quest to find and rescue her beloved checkered jacket, auntie walked great lengths indoors and out with no objection, then diligently watched the washing machine go on about its business for half an hour.)
Recurring daily discussion topics: when would we go back home (and all the things to take along); would there be snow; neighbour's light decorations are pretty.












No comments:

Post a Comment