Thursday 5 December 2013

Granny-sitting Chronicles: Week 21.


In June 2013 I moved to countryside with my elderly aunt to run a "Grannysitting Expedition". During this time I have been taken pictures more or less constantly. I'll be posting these picture chronicles one week at the time. Previous week is in this post.


The following moments are from November 9 - 15.

Around that time we started making breakfast together. So far the morning routine had gone something like this: the aunt awakes me and asks for the morning medicine, after the dispensary ritual I go to doze off for a wee bit more, around nine-ish I crawl out of the bunk again to brush teeth while sampling the morning air (sometimes "morning shower", i.e. One Bucket Fresh O'Well is in order), then I prepare the coffee and porridge, bring them to table and the two of us eat together. One morning I invited the aunt along to the preparation process an we've never looked back. She immediately adopted the role of Coffee Tin Guardian (sneaky fine-motoric bonus: she's opening and closing the lid lock thingie on her own initiative). The process is quite fun and rather awesome (if I do say so myself) - and I don't have any photos of it.

Speaking of photos, I finally found the time to go ahead and capture more of the obscure past treasures. Featured this time: accumulated coins and little wonders from the Aunt's husband's trips abroad (a rare treat in the deep Soviet times and the associated items quickly became relics of a sort).












No comments:

Post a Comment