Tuesday 8 April 2014

Granny-sitting Chronicles: Week 39 (Town edition)



In June 2013 I moved to countryside with my elderly aunt to run a "Grannysitting Expedition"
During this time I have been taken pictures more or less constantly. I'll be posting these picture chronicles one week at the time. In December 2013 we had to relocate to town for a while - I'll be doing my best to keep up the weekly picture chronicles. Previous week is in this post.


The following moments are from March 17 - 23.


I had noticed that the auntie had become consistently accurate in memorizing/ guessing the "coffee numbers" and got curious about it. So, in the midst of the morning coffee ritual (I pour the water and announce the number of cups, she fishes out the filter and fold it, I deploy the filter while she manages the coffee tin open, I dig the coffee pack out of the tin, we both sniff the aroma, then I ask how many cups it was, then measure out the coffee and finally ask her to push the 'on' switch) I inquired what the secret was. She proudly showed the "finger count" she'd been grasping. So how would she keep track of a tricky number like four-and-half ? One finger bent of course!











No comments:

Post a Comment