Tuesday 3 March 2020

Library Lunchbreaking (Vol 9)

I shall exploit the header space to boost the signal of our GM's Gofundme campaign: https://www.gofundme.com/blueberrycreekrecovery
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a nutshell: new job brought lunch hours, lunch hours brought regular walks, I brought camera (occasionally), I post photos from those walks.

This walk capture features December just like previous one and concludes 2019.
I took off to a slightly different direction then usual - as if I was about to walk home. But instead, I picked the street that circles around the Dome hill (it's literally called the moat-street!), planning to pick a less familiar uphill path.





(The stairs in the above picture lead up to the other side of the moat and the University Library building. A destination for some other day.)
This is the path I picked. I pass or cross it often (for example, Lunchbreaking log vol3 features a view from above), but I couldn't remember the last time I actually walked it.



Once at half-hill, I continued my backwoods theme and stayed on one of those maybe-not-quite-official-and-let's-hope-it's-not-too-slippery foot paths.


The poles and slabs indicate that there has been some sort of support structure here, during the eighties, by the looks of it. (I feel like I should remember how it looked then, but I don't.) Meanwhile the unusually warm December rain misted up the whole area, creating some dramatic scenery. (Some of the misty drama comes from the dew smudge on my lens, though.)





Safely back at street level, I noticed how quiet it was. Almost no people around, few vehicles... I only had to wait for one car to pass to get that kinda-abandoned-feel view towards the Devil's bridge.





I took a moment to stop and capture the paintings on this dilapidated structure (another point that I often pass but usually in a hurry).







From there I circled around the hillfoot some more, taking note of the three-PM twilight settling in.
At this point the camera's battery was low and its lense muddy, so on my way up the hill and back to the library I left the imagery be, and focused on drinking my coffee instead.



And this is where my lunchbreaking records from 2019 end. Stay tuned for this year's walks logs!

No comments:

Post a Comment